Wednesday 5 December 2007

Hammer To Fall

A strange occurrence happened today, a godsend if you will. I was kicked out of a seminar. To be fair to the teacher i had not done the reading, but with three essays biting at my ankles i really couldn't be arsed to read a depressing novel about prostitution and sordid affairs.

Our seminar class consists of, usually, five or six people at best and today was no exception. The mysterious boy named Alex, confound that swine, did not show up and he was scheduled to give a presentation on Stephen Crane's 'Maggie: A Girl of the Street'. Only two people had actually read it (or at least parts) and one person had bought and brought a copy. A shambles to begin with, it quickly descended into chaos. Hyperbole aside, me and three other people were booted out of the seminar like shit off a shoe. Bitch probably hates me now, yet i attend all the seminars (at 9am i might add) and get most of the work done. As a teacher of teachings she should be teaching us rather than sending us out into the cold and damp Nottingham morn.

Still, the more i bitch about it, the more i see it as a godsend. I actually got some work done instead of mindlessly sitting there doodling and whatnot - if my limited readership knows anything on Mark Twain, Andrew Johnson, Impeachment of Presidents, Radical Republicanism, Thaedeas Stevens or Huck Finn by all means contact me.

But i doubt this, and i am doomed like Hiroshima.

In summary - GTFO of my seminar.

No comments: